Solved

SHIPMENT INVENTORY COUNT REPORTS

• 13 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Is it possible to create a count report to include Shipment Inventory. We are running a stock take and the system is not generating for those locations (bays) that are of type Shipment.

Thanks,

Matthew

icon

Best answer by Johan Lundström 24 March 2020, 12:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Matthew

This will not be possible as it is not allowed to perform counting on quantities that are reserved and connected to another object like customer order or shipment. This is actually the same limitation that exists for nornal counting but then you usually have some “free stock” on the same location for which you could adjust the counting with. Compare with that you would try to count to a qty less than qty reserved on a location - that would not be allowed even for normal stock. In shipment inventory quantities are always fully reserved and hence not possible to adjust via counting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Johan, whilst I agree you wouldn't be able to adjust the qty if a part is reserved, reserved parts are being included in my count reports. Is there a way to prevent that? I also have zero qty lines included on my count reports. Is there a way to exclude those as well?

Thanks,

Ed

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Ed,

Have you discovered a way to exclude zero qty lines on count reports? This is causing me an issue as well.

Thanks,
Matt

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Matt,

Sort of...  What IFS recommend is that you run “Cleanup of Inventory” job before you run the count but you may not want to do the Cleanup. The other way is to export the parts to count to Excel, remove the zero qty rows and use the Excel sheet to record the count results.

Ed