Solved

Sales Price based on Batch No

• 6 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I would like to know if there's any standard functionality available in IFS Application version 8 to maintain Sales Part Price  for a part Lot/Batch wise?

For example, I have two sets of batches available for a single part in my inventory as X and Y. And I want to sell these parts in X batch for 1$ and Y for 1.5$. So when I create the customer and update batch no X in customer Order line, price should automatically comes as 1$ and when select Y price should come as 1.5$. 

Let me know if there is a standard functionality available to satisfy this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akila

icon

Best answer by Rasika Lakmal 6 April 2020, 13:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

There is no automatic way to retrieve the sales part price based on the lot batches because you only can select the lot batch no at the time of reserving the Customer Order line. Therefore you need to manually enter the price based on the lot batch you are going to reserve. Hope this will help to understand the functionality.:slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Rasika

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

There is no automatic way to retrieve the sales part price based on the lot batches because you only can select the lot batch no at the time of reserving the Customer Order line. Therefore you need to manually enter the price based on the lot batch you are going to reserve. Hope this will help to understand the functionality.:slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

Thank you for your response. Is there any other workaround without manual interference? As in the pharmaceutical industry we should be able to maintain multiple prices for a single part at a given time. And it is hard to perform and maintain manual price updation due to high number of customer order lines.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Akila,

There is no automatic way for this and the only workaround is manually to update the price.  Normally the price is fetching when you save the customer order line. At the time when you enter the COL, you cannot define the lot batch so lot batch price won’t fetch.  You only can select the lot/batch when reserve the customer order line. Therefore there is no standard way to fulfill your requirement. I hope that this can be achieved through customization.

Best Regards,
Rasika

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Akila,

There is no automatic way for this and the only workaround is manually to update the price.  Normally the price is fetching when you save the customer order line. At the time when you enter the COL, you cannot define the lot batch so lot batch price won’t fetch.  You only can select the lot/batch when reserve the customer order line. Therefore there is no standard way to fulfill your requirement. I hope that this can be achieved through customization.

Best Regards,
Rasika

`Hi Rasika,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

We might be able to achieve this via Custom Event. Thank you again for your help.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you, Akila! Yes, Custom Event is an option!

Best Regards,
Rasika