Oracle SQL quick reports for Sales users.

• 26 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Community,

We are using IFS version 8.Can you share some useful SQL quick reports for Sales users.So that their daily excel work will get reduced.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @Deepak 

I have never come across a SQL quick report that would precisely meet the needs of another customer.

The best approach is to start with IFS screens, such as Detail Statistics - Invoiced Sales; where the data can be grouped/summed and the columns organized to give a useful output.  If the users stay inside IFS they can RMB/drill down into order, part, customer records etc.  If they want to, they can export that data to Excel to organize it, make graphs and so on.

You only really want to create SQL quick reports when you need to make complex data joins … e.g. joining customer order lines onto work orders, purchase orders, projects etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Also - do you have the Customer 360 window in Apps 8?  I think so.

That gives you a summary-like view per customer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

hi @Deepak 

I have never come across a SQL quick report that would precisely meet the needs of another customer.

The best approach is to start with IFS screens, such as Detail Statistics - Invoiced Sales; where the data can be grouped/summed and the columns organized to give a useful output.  If the users stay inside IFS they can RMB/drill down into order, part, customer records etc.  If they want to, they can export that data to Excel to organize it, make graphs and so on.

You only really want to create SQL quick reports when you need to make complex data joins … e.g. joining customer order lines onto work orders, purchase orders, projects etc.

Paul - besides help screens is there any documentation on the detailed statistics functionality you talk about here?  I’m not finding anything in the knowledgebase (slides or webinars).