Question

Invoice non inventory sales part lines at the same moment as a shipment

• 14 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

How can I invoice non inventory sales part lines at the same moment as a shipment?

Example:

Customer Order has 2 lines, 1 with an inventory part and 1 non inventory part. Shipments are used to send the inventory part to customer. Invoicing should include the non inventory part at the moment of shipping the inventory part, but as it is non inventory it is not shipped so a manual action is needed to get it delivered and invoiced which is error prone and inefficient due to the transaction volume.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Peter,

Might need a custom event to make that happen automatically.  I created one somewhat similar for a customer recently.  The code below delivers the non inventory line:

Deliver_Customer_Order_API.Deliver_Line_Non_With_Diff__(info ,
                                                                order_no ,
                                                                line_no ,
                                                                rel_no ,
                                                                line_item_no ,
                                                                close_line? ,
                                                                qty_to_deliver? );

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks Paul for the suggested code! I am not that technical, so asked a colleague to test and it doesn't fit our case because we use shipments to deliver customer orders. We will take a look how to fix that and of course I'll let the results know when there are any.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We had this issue and we solved it with adding the non-inventory customer order line as a shipment line.So we had it in the same invoice. And in our delivery_note we excluded non-inventory order lines.

In IFS we shipped inventory and non-inventory lines.

In paper we only have inventory line.

In invoice we have both lines.

Just a suggestion.

have a nice day.

servet

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks Servet! is adding the Non Inventory Customer Order Line a manual action (and which role is responsible in your situation?) or did you implement some kind of automatic process?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Actually we did think about an automatic processs. But we couldnt decide in which condition we should add this line to the shipment. so it was a manuel decision in our situation. And it was shipment department’s responsibility but they were coordinating with sales of course. (sales were suggesting that with specific order lines and these non-inventory lines will be invoiced together)

But if you  you can give a specific rule (For example; connecting an inventory order line of the customer order, non-inventory line will be automaticly added to shipment or something like this. ), so it is very easy to automate this with an event as Paul suggests.

Regards.