Implementing Aurena in Parallel to IEE w/o Yellow Sticky Notes

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are currently running IFS Apps10 UPD8 exclusively in IEE.  We are starting to deploy Aurena in select functional areas.  Our goal is to add Aurena over time, prioritizing the functional areas where we get the most gain from Aurena.

One of the first areas up for consideration is Business Opportunity / CRM.  Unfortunately, my users are extensive Yellow Sticky Note users in Business Opportunity.  They use it to highlight key information that sales needs to know about the opportunity.

I’m starting to think about the best way to tackle this.   How do we not lose information between IEE and Aurena?  Do I need to discourage users from using the Sticky notes, possibly create a custom event that stops new notes from being created?

I’m looking to share ideas about how to manage this transition without reducing our toolset.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Agreed, this is something we’re thinking about while still in Apps 9 before moving to 10 and beyond.  We have some groups who are prolific sticky users within the business process.  We think we’re going to have different solutions for various processes, but the visibility factor of the note floating on top of the object is one we’ve not yet found a reasonable substitution for in any case.  We’re going to eventually block the use of the notes, but need a plan to transition away from them first.