Solved

How to setup IFS to generate EDI 855 Customer Order Acknowledgement

• 11 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Trying to figure out what drives the EDI 855 - Electronic Order Acknowledgement out of IFS.  We are already doing 810 & 856 outbound.

I set the Customer Master up as follows:

Message Setup

* ORDRSP

Order tab > Message Default tab

* Order Change Management - Send Order Confirmation (checked)

I create the customer order through the Incoming Customer Order.  I get nothing outbound.

I Release the customer order.(from Planned) thinking maybe it requires a Status change.   I still do not get an outbound file.

Requesting assistance on what I am missing from the setup in order to generate the outbound XML fie for Order Acknowledgements.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 13 May 2020, 16:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Luke,

Have you configured a routing rule and routing address for the 855 and enabled them?  The message function on the routing rule would be SEND_CUSTOMER_ORDER_RESPONSE.  Take a look at the sample included with IFS called “Example: Send Customer Order Response” in the routing rules.

I created a routing rule called 855 Customer Order Confirmation and I also created a routing address called 855 Customer Order Confirmation because we use FTP to send and receive our EDI with our EDI Partner.

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi…

These matters are often a bit complex to figure out. There are a few things you can check:

• Has the ORDRSP been configured for the customer on the Order?
  • Is the order you’re processing an actual incoming order (i.e. was it created from an Incoming Customer Order?) - This seems to be the case for you.

There may be other conditions, but I believe these are two conditions that must be fulfilled before the menu selection is even enabled.

If I remember correctly you then use the Send Customer Order - at least to test it. If this menu selection is unavailable, there’s usually some configuration missing (such as the message configuration on the customer).

You did not specifically state where in the process you’re stuck, so if you could elaborate on that, we may be able to help you more easily.

$Øyvind

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Luke,

I thought maybe a few screenshots of our test system with the 855 enabled would be of help.  Below is the routing rule setup we are utilizing.

Now the routing address setup.

This is the message setup within the customer record.

The message defaults setup within the customer record.

Finally on the order we are able to RMB and select send order confirmation on an order in the released state.

Hope this helps get you going.

William

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I think I have the setup complete, but would appear to be missing something.   The RMB from the Customer Order does not provide a Send Order Confirmation option.   I have tried when the CO is in a Planned State & when the CO is in a Released state.  Neither provide the RMB option to Send Order Confirmation.

I am reviewing your screen images to confirm my setup matches. 

I did originate the Customer Order from the Incoming Customer Orders, and also loaded it into Incoming Customer Orders after completing the Send Order Confirmation setup.

I will double check my setup and advise.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

My setup matches yours, except for my Routing rules use FILE instead of FTP.

This is the 3rd outbound message we are putting to use.  We have had Invoices and ASN (Dispatch Advise) in place for over a year now. 

For my routing file setup, I am matching the File setup of the working Invoice Routing record.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I found it.  Your setup and explanation were right on target.

Security was my problem. 

Thanks for all your help.