Question

How to find out invoice has been cancelled.

• 26 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Community,

How can I gate to know that any invoice has been cancelled (i.e. RMA has been taken) .

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi.

You can follow it on the Supplier Invoice Analysis screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Given this was posted in the Selling group, I don’t think Supplier Invoice Analysis will help.  

Customer Invoices are not automatically cancelled when an RMA is taken for the item.  The original customer invoice still stands, the RMA doesn’t affect the customer account until it has been processed and a credit invoice has been issued for the item.  You will not be able to see that an RMA is open for the item unless you know to look for it.  You would only see the resulting difference by looking at the customer account balance AFTER the RMA credit has been processed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks @ShawnBerk for your inputs..!!!

Badge +2

Hello Community,

How can I gate to know that any invoice has been cancelled (i.e. RMA has been taken) .

Hi Deepak, 

You can be informed by create subscription for each invoice or create new event by trigger Status changes.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Customer Invoice status doesn’t change when an RMA is applied, so there is no trigger from the customer invoice that would notify you.  You can’t set a subscription against an RMA that doesn’t exist and there won’t be a change against the invoice that can send a notification.  The only real way to manage this is by promptly processing the RMAs as they come in and ensuring the credit invoice is issued to the customer.  Then the AR team could see that the original invoice value should be reduced if it still hasn’t been paid.