Solved

Customer Order Line Invoiced/Closed but 1 item not yet Delivery Confirmed

• 30 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

As the title suggests, we have an issue where our sales team have been through the usual process of Picking/Delivery/Delivery Confirming our sales quantities however in this instance it seems that 3 out of 4 were delivery confirmed.

The system then carried out the next process of creating a customer invoice from this confirmation and created an invoice for 3 out of the 4. This has left 1 item behind. If I go to Delivery Confirmation of Customer Orders (below), right-click on the line and select Delivery Confirmation the line disappears. If I press F2 it comes back again.

The issue I believe is that the line is at the status Invoiced/Closed.

As you can see above, delivered is 4 and invoiced is 3

I am now seemingly stuck between a rock and a hard place. As the line is closed and a customer invoice has been created this limits what I can do somewhat.

An RMA is great if the line has been invoiced but this last one hasn’t yet been confirmed, let alone invoiced so this doesn’t seem to be an option.

As the stock is picked/delivered it has been removed from inventory so I can’t create a new line for the single unit as there is no stock to reserve against.

For further information.

The debug when performing the Delivery Confirmation throws the following steps.

The background job seems to run without issue.

Has anyone come up against this issue before and if so, how have you managed to resolve it?

Regards
Nathan

icon

Best answer by Arunalu 3 December 2020, 05:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Im not sure if this helps but ideally, when the CO is delivery confirmed with differences and an invoice is created, the CO line status goes to ‘Invoiced/Closed’.  Also, it is not displayed again in delivery confirmation of COs window.

Undoing the CO is also not an option as the system doesn’t allow you to undo a CO which is delivery confirmed.

May be you can try the following and see if this works;

-create a credit invoice or correction invoice for the already invoiced qty of 3 (im not so sure if this is the right move but this is to balance out the finance side).

-Then do an RMA from the CO line itself and change the qty to receive to 4 (so that the inventory is balanced). The system will give an informational message saying that you are receiving more than what is specified in the line but lets you to proceed. But here you will have to stop at ‘ReturnCompleted’ (if its acceptable by the business ofcourse).

-Now that you have a qty of 4, process a new CO.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Im not sure if this helps but ideally, when the CO is delivery confirmed with differences and an invoice is created, the CO line status goes to ‘Invoiced/Closed’.  Also, it is not displayed again in delivery confirmation of COs window.

Undoing the CO is also not an option as the system doesn’t allow you to undo a CO which is delivery confirmed.

May be you can try the following and see if this works;

-create a credit invoice or correction invoice for the already invoiced qty of 3 (im not so sure if this is the right move but this is to balance out the finance side).

-Then do an RMA from the CO line itself and change the qty to receive to 4 (so that the inventory is balanced). The system will give an informational message saying that you are receiving more than what is specified in the line but lets you to proceed. But here you will have to stop at ‘ReturnCompleted’ (if its acceptable by the business ofcourse).

-Now that you have a qty of 4, process a new CO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion @Arunalu. I will run another test using this method tomorrow. During additional testing today I found that there is a sweet spot where the invoice created by Delivery Confirmation is in a Preliminary state that can be cancelled allowing you to go back and then Delivery Confirm the last item. Unfortunately my invoice here is now at the Posted/Auth stage removing that option.

Can I ask what you mean by the below? Is there normally a further process that you normally have to follow that we would be skipping?

But here you will have to stop at ‘ReturnCompleted’ (if its acceptable by the business ofcourse).

I am surprised that the system allows the invoice to be created and close the line down with no warning to the user that they may have forgotten to add the last one and then give a slight hint that they might want to get the invoice cancelled before it goes too far!

What surprises me even more is that this is the first time a user has done it!

I will post back tomorrow with my results of the test!

Regards
Nathan

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Nathan,

What i meant was that we are not skipping any steps but approving for credit invoice after the return is complete due to the differences in the quantity.

Yes, it is strange and may be you can post this query to IFS directly and see as well. Anyways, please do let me know the results as im interested to know what happens.

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Arunalu 

Just a heads up that IFS support have replicated the above issue there side and are escalating to R&D as the Customer Order Line switching to Invoiced/Closed before the full qty has been Delivery Confirmed isn’t standard behaviour.

Regards
Nathan