Question

Customer Order Automatic Price Update

• 6 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear IFC Experts 

You kind help is appreciate,  I have a request from business where they want to add unit price as “ Current Cost + 10% margin”  in customer order line for specific customers. Our costing method is weighted average so cost is changing frequently. As at now, we user price list and the problem is user needs to change it each time. 

Have you got this kind of request from business and what would be the best approach to achieve this ? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

If you have a known set of catalog numbers as sales parts you can search for, you could download the WA cost on a nightly basis via scheduled migration job and then upload using a different migration job to the sales price list lines.  We do something similar on a nightly basis to prevent users from changing prices.  But if your business can manage the price fluctuations, then this method would be the simplest I can think of.

Badge +2

Hi Tj12,

You can use from Sales Part Base Prices when the “Origin from Costing” should be checked. in that way your Baseline Price should be retrieved from the Costing component.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @ShawnBerk 

Thanks for your feedbacks and appreciate it. This is a very good solution. But scheduling daily will be a problem since cost can be changed within the day due to multiple orders. 

@n-warrior  Currently we have implemented this method but there are some problem with using it. since whenever cost get changed, you have to process  “Update base prices” and “Update price list from base prices” manually in order to get the correct price.

Do you know a way to schedule these ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I see, yes, if you need to run this more often than daily, then agree it could be too slow, just depends on how you want to control this.

If you want to continue with the current solution, you can schedule the Update base prices as a database task like this.  We have this one running for a couple of years.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I see, yes, if you need to run this more often than daily, then agree it could be too slow, just depends on how you want to control this.

If you want to continue with the current solution, you can schedule the Update base prices as a database task like this.  We have this one running for a couple of years.

Hi Shawn

Will you be able to guide me how to create this task since I have not done this before. I am new to IFS 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Go to Scheduled Database Tasks, Create New

On the new window, give the task a Schedule Name

Set the Task Name as shown - Start Add Prt to Price Lists

Then set your frequency and time, you should try to avoid your peak times of the day for other transactions.

The Parameters set as shown would just perform the update on all parts - that is the % setting

Calculate the date to make sure the next execution is scheduled, then save the Task Schedule and make sure it is Active

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Go to Scheduled Database Tasks, Create New

On the new window, give the task a Schedule Name

Set the Task Name as shown - Start Add Prt to Price Lists

Then set your frequency and time, you should try to avoid your peak times of the day for other transactions.

The Parameters set as shown would just perform the update on all parts - that is the % setting

Calculate the date to make sure the next execution is scheduled, then save the Task Schedule and make sure it is Active

Hi Shawn 

That task is not available.