Solved

Customer Contact Phone Number Formating

• 23 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this. We leverage contacts for CRM and Quotations. We continue to notice that there is not a standard phone formating for contact phone number. We can you (XXX)XXX-XXXX, XXX-XXX-XXXX, or XXXXXXXXXX. Is there a way to set a default formating so that when users enter the phone number it appears consistently within IFS? 

Thanks!

Carrie Tietjen

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 17 January 2022, 10:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Carrie,

I’m afraid there is no such capability currently.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

As per the current design of the application, you cannot specify a default phone number format for contacts.

However, you can explore the possibility of having this with a customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @paul harland @Anushka Bandara @Lee Pinchbeck 

To add to this query, our customer in the Netherlands has an 11 digit number.  13 if you include the leading zeros as part as the country code.  (example below)

It seems like the system is only accepting 10 digits, despite the Metadata for this field MOBILE_PHONE in PERSON to be a string of 32.  

How can the customer add their mobile phone number? 

Kind regards, 

Jessica Foon

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jfoon,

Is this in FSM? I can move this to the FSM forum is so which will ensure you get the best eyes on the issue to help solve.

If it is an FSM query then you will need to check the regex ID against the field you are interested in using the UI Designer. Fields can have regex set against them to validate their contents fit an expected form and I suspect that may be whats occurring here.

Please see this article for more info:

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck 

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, I am referring to FSM. 

I have checked the Regular Expressions and able to change this and now it is working. 

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards, 

Jessica Foon