Contract review for customer orders

• 28 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I would like to know how you manage in IFS the contract review for customer orders.

The term "contract review" refers to an examination of the customer order.

Much like appraisal review forms, all of the information regarding the customer order is properly assessed and commented upon.

Today, we are managing it through a check list (hard copy) and we would like to dematerialize this activity in IFS

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Carole 

clearly you could have a document management class with a template or templates matching your current checklist.  We can come up with solutions such as custom events by which every new order will inherit a new instance of this checklist, or perhaps only orders of certain order types.  I set up something similar recently, where the document class ID matched the order type.

Further configuration is possible if you need to stop the order being processed until the document has been completed 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That is what I was thinking at first but I wanted to know if I can implement a kind of approval flow for each customer order…

The idea of a document management seems to be good.

And as you mentioned, it can be interested to stop the release of the order until the document has been complemented. With an event ?