Question

Conditional Formatting Question

• 16 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

I am looking for a way to create conditional formatting for the available Qty column within Customer Order Lines. I am looking to have the cell highlight green if the value is greater than the Sales Qty (BUY_QTY_DUE). I am trying to put in the below formula, but it doesn’t look like conditional formatting has the ability to compare the value against a different column value. Is that accurate, or is there a way to accomplish this that I am missing?

Thank you,
Matt

5 replies

Userlevel 7

That's acurate. You can create a custom field with your condition and then use that to colour the line the way you want though. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Great, thank you for the help!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Can you explain how to create conditional formatting for a custom field? What screen is it done from?

Userlevel 7

Can you explain how to create conditional formatting for a custom field? What screen is it done from?

What I mean is that you can create a custom field that does a calculation or looks up a value e.g. IF 2 > 1 THEN 5 else 2

Then you setup your conditional formatting rule using the custom field e.g. when custom field =5 paint the line green. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Okay, I understand now. Thank you!!