Solved

WADACO - Report Picking of Parts

• 22 November 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I am trying to loop through serials for report picking of parts.  My first Item is the Pick List No (Each Pick List in our case will only have 1 shipment), Shipment is auto fill and it asks for the serial.  I enter the serial but I want the loop to keep asking me for serials till I exit the loop.  Is this not possible?

icon

Best answer by AnnaH 27 November 2019, 16:14

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

Hi ctaylor56, 

have you tried the loop start in the configuration,

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi ctaylor56,

You can use the loop functionality, but assuming that you have serial tracking in inventory you have to include all the items on a pick list line in the loop for it to work. Start with UNIQUE_LINE_ID and end after the last item that may be unique for a line, depending on how you use the system that could be the serial, the quantity (if not always serial tracked) or for instance Location, when I tested I put the loop end on Release Reservation.

How your configuration is best optimized depends on many factors, there are for instance also possibilities to use subsequent process or perhaps multiple configurations is better for you. Give it another shot and let us know how it goes!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi ctaylor56,

You can use the loop functionality, but assuming that you have serial tracking in inventory you have to include all the items on a pick list line in the loop for it to work. Start with UNIQUE_LINE_ID and end after the last item that may be unique for a line, depending on how you use the system that could be the serial, the quantity (if not always serial tracked) or for instance Location, when I tested I put the loop end on Release Reservation.

How your configuration is best optimized depends on many factors, there are for instance also possibilities to use subsequent process or perhaps multiple configurations is better for you. Give it another shot and let us know how it goes!

That was it.  Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi ctaylor56,

Question for you @Anna Hagström I have a loop that’s looping through serials, when I have selected all my serials, the Feedback Item for LAST_LINE_ON_PICK_LIST still says no when I have selected my last line/serial on the pick list.  Is there a way to correct this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Please create an issue with support and we will have a look into this. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Here follows a more complete answer which will give you some more background information as well as an alternative way to configure.

There is a possibility to use Start Warehouse Task and Start Picking in combination with the pick processes. LAST_LINE_ON_PICK_LIST was developed to determine when the pick list was finished and the user should be returned to the Start process. As such it is updated upon save/commit/execute and will not be updated during a loop that is within one session.

You can use the subsequent functionality instead of the loop and then the feedback will work, the default configuration is set up to do this, if you are not using Warehouse Task you will have to update the Subsequent processes, if you do not use Handling Unit the process can correspond to the example below, i.e. you do not have to use either Start process.

If there are additional items that are repeated for the same pick list you can configure them to also have subsequent value.

Hope this helps you to move forward with your configuration.

Badge +1

Here follows a more complete answer which will give you some more background information as well as an alternative way to configure.

There is a possibility to use Start Warehouse Task and Start Picking in combination with the pick processes. LAST_LINE_ON_PICK_LIST was developed to determine when the pick list was finished and the user should be returned to the Start process. As such it is updated upon save/commit/execute and will not be updated during a loop that is within one session.

You can use the subsequent functionality instead of the loop and then the feedback will work, the default configuration is set up to do this, if you are not using Warehouse Task you will have to update the Subsequent processes, if you do not use Handling Unit the process can correspond to the example below, i.e. you do not have to use either Start process.

If there are additional items that are repeated for the same pick list you can configure them to also have subsequent value.

Hope this helps you to move forward with your configuration.

Yes - remember to use the ‘fixed’ and ‘Subsequent Data Item ID’ fields to make the transactions as slick as possible if you choose not to loop.

I like Anna’s answer here as it also means that after each serial the transaction is committed. This is useful in the context of someone picking many serials, who may go for a break of some kind.