Solved

Sales Quotation Line for Optional Item

• 23 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

How can we enter a Sales Quotation line as optional for Customer? Optional line items shall not contribute to quote totals, but printed on Sales Quotation with qty and price

icon

Best answer by AkilaR 31 January 2020, 05:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Marianne,

I  believe IFS does not have that kind of Standard Functionality. However as a workaround you can create a Custom Field to record the Actual Price of Sales Part and make the Base Price zero. And then modify the Quotation layout to get the Line Amounts from Custom Field and total from the base price. And if you want to segregate the  Optional Lines and Mandatory lines, you can use Base Price to do the sorting also.

But keep in mind when converting the quotation to Customer Order, if customer agrees for the Optional Items as well you will need to change the Base Price before converting it to a Customer Order.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I’m a bit rusty on the detail but IFS does have “Complementary” and “Substitute” functionality. Complementary pops up a box to the user when creating a Quotation if Complementary parts have been set up.  

You might be able to add the “Complementary” part in the Quote “print” but not calculation…

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I’m a bit rusty on the detail but IFS does have “Complementary” and “Substitute” functionality. Complementary pops up a box to the user when creating a Quotation if Complementary parts have been set up.  

You might be able to add the “Complementary” part in the Quote “print” but not calculation…

I m not sure if the Complementary or Substitute functionality will help to resolve Marianne's requirement. Substitute part functionality is used for if the entered part not available to deliver and Complementary part is used for coupled parts which could be logically used together. And in both these occasions Total of the Sales Quotation will be aggregate  according to the sales part entered in the Sales Quotation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

My suggestion was to include Complementary merely as a reference

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Very helpful for us :-)

Marianne

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello @AtaAbdavi Would you have an input to manage optional lines in sales quotations, now or in the future ?