Solved

How to automatically apply Document Text to Customer Orders?

• 26 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I think I see where IFS will automatically attach Document Text to customer orders, based on the Customer setup, but I have been unsuccessful in making it work.  I’m hoping I am missing a step & it is possible.  I am looking for direction on how to make this work.

I am in the Customer > Order tab > Misc Order Info tab

There is a Document Text box there that reads like it should insert the Doc Text on any newly created orders.  My efforts have failed.

Can anyone assist?

Luke

icon

Best answer by jabous 26 March 2020, 18:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Attached is screen shots on how to attach a customer, document text to a customer order pick list.  Please see if this helps. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have the setup in place. 

i see in your response the Document Text checkbox is not “checked” on the Customer Order.  Maybe that was my failing.  I assumed it would be “attached” to the customer order like a Document Text added during the Cust Order manually.  Perhaps it is the Report that searches for the Customer default Doc Text in addition to the Cust Order Doc Text.

Does that sound correct?

We have customized our reports, so I’ll have to pull the standard back in and look to the data behind the  report to see.  I will check it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The document text check box on the customer order header, only gets checked when you do a RMB in the header and add a Document Text.  The Document Text added on the customer record, does not check the check box in the customer order.  

Userlevel 4

It’s exactly as you wrote
“ Perhaps it is the Report that searches for the Customer default Doc Text in addition to the Cust Order Doc Text. “

Print can fetch document texts several places and Customer order pick list print fetch those from Order and also behind customer.