Question

Data Warehouse

• 16 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Does anyone has experience in setting up a data warehouse in an IFS environment ?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have the same question.  I see this post is 7 months old and no one has replied.  Did you find any info on this topic?  Did you move forward and have any insight to share?

Badge +1

Hi Deb,

Unfortunately no one has replied to me on this topic.

Yes, we have moved forward by ourselves. We are using Microsoft Power BI with Power Cloud which is a great tool for data warehousing.

This is a cheap solution compared to most of the expensive tools available in the market.  If you subscribe to Power BI Premium it can get expensive. Power BI Pro is more adequate  for most of the organisations.   

There is minimal training required to setup the data model in the cloud and to develop the reports. 

Hope this helps and if you need anymore help please let me know. 

Best Regards

Asanga 

Badge +1

Hi

I have worked extensively on building a data warehouse against IFS 

My work is done primarily in Microsoft SQLServer

Do you have any specific questions?

Br Henrik

Badge +1

Hi all, 

We at iQuantiv have experience in implementing data warehouses on top of IFS to perform profitability analysis, revenue management reporting, and supply chain analytics. We work with Power BI and Tableau on top of our proprietary algorithms that do all of the hard data crunching. 

Feel free to reach me at jcady@iquantiv.com if you have any questions. 

Regards,

John

Badge +3

I have done it and made cubes off of the datawarehouse as well. Can use something like ssis for ETL and SQL Server to and create the data warehouse in, or if you want cloud technology then equivalent is azure data factory and azure sql database or sql datawarehouse (think it’s called synapse now). Then create some cubes on top of it for tools like PowerBI or excel to connect to.

The above is a set up for a larger amount of data however. If data is smaller and wouldn’t take as long to load, you can just use Power BI Only and connect directly to Oracle using the data gateway use it for your ETL and modeling process all in one. Much simpler and faster development process, and works really nice.