Solved

CRM Access Scenario

• 6 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello!

I’ve a scenario in CRM where there a 3 users.

CRM User 1 (only has access to Business Lead)
CRM User 2 (only has access to Business Lead)
ADM User (has access to leads created by CRM User 1 & CRM User 2. Additionally, has access to Customers/ Customer Orders).
Now, CRM users only have to create the lead and perform business activities. The conversion of lead to customer and then creation of customer order is assigned to ADM user. But at the same time, ADM user must not be able to view all of the Leads, Customers as there will be other groups with 1 ADM & 2 CRM users(to achieve this, I’ve added the ADM user to Lead, Activity, Opportunity & Customer filters using Access Group).

CRM users have to add the ADM user to each of the lead/ activity they create manually, so that it may be available to ADM user. (This is kind of a site based crm scenario which I’m trying to cater through Access Groups.)

Is there any option to auto-add the ADM  users (supervisors) to each entry (lead, activity etc) made by subordinate CRM users. (I have tried using the Representative group but, it doesn’t gives the desired result).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Rasika Lakmal 25 February 2020, 13:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please check the following setup and check whether it’s working for you. :slight_smile:

I assume that you have the following access configuration.

ADM user       CRM User 1 and CRM User 2

ADM user 1     CRM User3 and CRM User 4

1.You need to define 2 CRM, Access groups, as below

2. Then define the Read and Insert privileges for both groups. It will grant read and Insert privileges to CRM end users.

3.To grant the all privileges to Admin users (ADM), you need to add the users for the admin tab in CRM filters window

4. After the above setup, when you create the business lead record, auto-add the access group (Access> Group sub-tab)

Hope this will help you to configure the CRM permission to the users. :relaxed:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Rasika!

Thanks for a detailed response. This does goes on to auto-add group but,  ADM user is able to view all of the leads; even by other ADM 1 user.

Consider these groups as separate business entities and secrecy of data is the prime objective.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since ADM users are the super users, they can access the leads since we have grated access from the CRM access filter window.