Question

Values not coming in %

• 24 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

we are working on IFS 10, on Project Navigator->employee allocation we have a field called % Allocated.

(Screen attached). the values coming on the screen is in decimals where as it should come in %.

e.g 0.11 should be 11%.

The % sign is not coming. can any one suggest on the same

REgards

Pankaj

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Pankaj,

In the core Apps10 application this field has a percentage format applied to it. The function associated with the field returns a decimal but in the client, due to it having the percentage format applied, this is displayed as required also showing the '%' sign too. 

Therefore the assumption from that is the client being used in your example does not have the percentage format being applied to the field.

Thanks and regards

Hugh

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello @Hugh Batho ,

Thanks for your reply. that’s excatly the issue. can you suggest the solution

Regards

Pankaj

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @paguin 

I suppose any solution depends on why the client being used is not using the Percentage format.

The core client looks like it is using this format correctly therefore is the core client being used?

If not then has the client being used been customised or configured at all?

If so then you will most likely need to arrange for this to be investigated further by whoever did that customisation.

Thanks and regards

Hugh

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks again

here the issue is that one user from his machine is getting right format using IFSAPP

and other machines it’s not coming properly 

Using IFSAPP 

kindly suggest 

regards

pankaj

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @paguin 

I am a bit confused over the scenario, therefore to clarify, are you saying that this is device based and that using the same user on one machine works correctly but using that same user on another machine it does not work correctly?

If it was user specific it could have been User Profile/Custom Field related but if it is device/machine specific then I am not sure what might be causing it unless there was something within the device's Regional Settings but I did not think that covered the percentage format.

So unfortunately I do not think I can give any further suggestions as to what may be the cause of this formatting issue. 

Thanks and regards

Hugh

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello again @Hugh Batho ,

Check the same in regional settings of client machine. To my surprise - In Regional settings if we take Regional Settings as English (United States) it works fine. but if select e.g English India then it comes in decimals.

Please suggest 

Regards

Pankaj

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @paguin ,

I cannot be certain but I am guessing it is a limitation within the IFS Enterprise Explorer framework that the percentage format is not recognised when the number format is using English(India).

I tested this within the Aurena client by setting the browser to use English(India) and it displayed the percentages correctly.

So it relates to the client and this seems to be an application-wide issue, not just for this specific form - for instance here is a screenshot of Document Revisions when using the English(India) format - the Progress field is using the percentage format.

But using English(United Kingdom) it shows correctly formatted

Oddly when running a query it correctly coverts it, i.e. the query can be written as the percentage value rather than the decimal so the query dialog seems to be correctly converting the percentage format just not when it is being displayed in the form.

So a little more digging shows that the only difference in the India format to the UK format is the Digit Grouping…

UK format has groups of three

Whereas the India format has a mix of two and three grouping

Customising the India format to use the same grouping as the UK format looks to resolve the issue and so could be a workaround.

So in summary it looks to be a limitation in the IEE client framework rather than something specific in a certain product area. 

Maybe Support can assist you further with this as if required.

Thanks and regards

Hugh