System Exception Error while trying to search for Activity Classes

• 2 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hi,

When we click on the search button in Activity Classes under Project Management - Basic Data,

an error pops up.

Is this related to permission sets? We have tried to grant all presentation objects (by navigator) and it did not help.

The application owner does not have this issue.

Activity Classes under Project Management - Basic Data

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Utforsker: Et unntak som ikke håndteres har oppstått ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Extenders.SearchExplorerManager.SearchExploreManager.Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Interfaces.IFndSearchExploreManager.ShowSearchDialog(FndSearchDialogSettings settings, FndClientSearch& clientSearch)
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.DataRecordSearchDialog()
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.DataRecordQueryDialog()
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cFormWindowBase.DataRecordQueryDialog()
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cFormWindowBase.vrtDataRecordQueryDialog()
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.vrtDataRecordQueryDialog()
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.DataSourcePopulate(SalNumber nWhat, SalNumber nParam)
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cFormWindowBase.DataSourcePopulate(SalNumber nWhat, SalNumber nParam)
at Ifs.Application.Proj_.frmActivityClasses.vrtDataSourcePopulate(SalNumber nWhat, SalNumber nParam)
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.vrtDataSourcePopulate(SalNumber nWhat, SalNumber nParam)
at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.cDataSource_WindowActions(Object sender, WindowActionsEventArgs e)
at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.InvokeWindowActions(WindowActionsEventArgs args, SalContext context, Int32 startIndex)
at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.FireWindowActions(Int32 msgCode, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.DispatchThenProcess(Message& m)
at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.ProcessWndProc(Message& m)
at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @kwc 

Are there any custom fields added to this view? if exists can you check the users are granted permission for use that as well

Thanks & Regards
Shan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Shan Peiris ,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to get an overview of Custom Fields on this view, but got an error message.

Looks like that there are no Custom Fields.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @kwc 

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the Internal Reference environment and there are No this kind of error message pops up. Seems this is a issue in this page with the logical unit. Then I suspect the original issue also related to this. i think it’s better to log a case for further analyze.

Thanks & regards
Shan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Shan Peiris ,

Thanks again for your reply.

So there is a high chance that this is not related to permission sets?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @kwc 

Thanks for the reply

yes, may be there are some permission issue regarding this. but I'm not sure there are any corrupted fields are still this window or any other issue behind this. because when I checked the internal reference environment, I didn't found the error message which states "Not Possible add a custom fields" and i was able to add/ unpublish custom fields. According to that, i was not sure that there are any missing permissions.

Thanks & regards
Shan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi again @Shan Peiris ,

The error message (posted on yesterday) that was saying the logical unit and page were not matching, was due to right-clicking (custom objects - fields - overview) on the “wrong” area (marked red below) of that view/page.

When right-clicking on the green area (screenshot above), to show the overview of custom fields, it shows that we have no custom fields within this page.