Question

Sub Contract Valuation - Error When Receiving Application

Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help to understand why the below error message appears when we try to ‘Receive Application’ in Sub Contract Valuation window

Sub Contract Valuation Error

Thanks in advance for your help :)

With Best regards,

G. Niranjan

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Niranjan,

the reason you get the error is because there is an actual unbalance in the voucher it tries to create.
Why that is, is a lot harder to find out.

I think I remember a case from apps 7.5 where there was a similar error, there it was caused by a rounding difference.

Is this with all Sub Contract valuations?
In that case it’s probably something in your setup: data, posting control or events

If not you would need a developer to see why this actually happens when it happens, that can be rather complex in a Sub Contract with a lot of changes and a lot of valuations
but you would need to be able to reproduce it in a TEST environment, so it can be fixed via a case.

Regards Erik

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@NiranjanG ,

According to my experience, this error is happening either due to a Code Error or some Data error but there is very less chance to resolve it with some changes to the basic data or configurations as this is caused a rounding diff . May be you can try deleting the valuation and recreate it again and see whether the same error is there.

Also  I see some retention values are involved, so better to create a Ticket to IFS if the same found after you delete and recreate the valuation.

Best Regards,

Kasun

Badge +2

Hi Erik and Kasun,

Thanks for your valuable response, will check on the points raised out by you’ll.

With best regards,

1. Niranjan
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @NiranjanG,

I recently saw the same error for a App7.5 customer. The issue was there was a value for “This Applied For Retention Released” in the valuation. When uncertifying, this value is taken as unbalanced. Only a DEBIT line is created in reversed posting, no CREDIT line for this to balance. Hence, we decided to do a data correction to remove this value. 

I’m not sure if the issue with your valuation is the same. But you can check this as well. And as Kasun suggested, please reach IFS Support if you could not resolve the issue.

Hope my answer helped to clear your doubts

Badge +2

Hi @NiranjanG,

I recently saw the same error for a App7.5 customer. The issue was there was a value for “This Applied For Retention Released” in the valuation. When uncertifying, this value is taken as unbalanced. Only a DEBIT line is created in reversed posting, no CREDIT line for this to balance. Hence, we decided to do a data correction to remove this value. 

I’m not sure if the issue with your valuation is the same. But you can check this as well. And as Kasun suggested, please reach IFS Support if you could not resolve the issue.

Hope my answer helped to clear your doubts

Hi Vibushitha.

In my case this message comes when we try to ‘Receive Application’.

However thanks for your valuable input, we shall make note of it as well when performing the data correction :)

Regards,

1. Niranjan