Question

How Internal Price - Employee Price works

• 17 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I can define the internal prices for all costs and times that are reported on a report code on the Internal Price window. The internal prices can be set on different tabs, with different priorities. The priorities are as follows, with Priority 1 as the highest.

1. Priority 1 - Price will be fetched from Internal Price/ Specific Price.
  1. Priority 2 - Price will be fetched from Internal Price/Employee Price.
  1. Priority 3 - If the Resource ID and Report Code have specified, that price will be fetched in Internal Price/Standard Price.
  2. Priority 4 - If the Resource ID is specified and Report Code is not specified and can be any value, (%), that price will be fetched in Internal Price/Standard Price.
  1. Priority 5 - Price will be fetched from Resource Details/Cost/General.
  1. Priority 6 - If the Resource ID and Report Code is not specified and can be any value, (%), that price will be fetched in Internal Price/Standard Price.

These values get updated correctly on Planned Cost below.

However, I cannot setup the system to fetch Internal Price - Employee Price/ Standard Cost as my Planned cost. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Thushan.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Thushan,

I see similar behaviour in our lates environmnet as well. Hence it will be better if you can send a support ticket to Investigate the issue further.

Regards,

Peshala.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

having the planned cost as defined on the Employee “OSCAR DIXON” is hard. The resource planning would not know the actual work is done by this Employee, so it cannot pickup the Employee price. Except maybe if you have an employee assignment as well, but I think that does not work like that in core.

So it should pickup the planned cost from the Resource Group probably

Hope this helps

Regards Erik

Badge +4

Any News on That - we are facing the Same Problem in a Project? Thanks Stefan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Stefan Frey Bytics Group @ProThushA I just stumbled upon this post. It seems that in order for standard cost to be used the Use Employee Labor Cost must be turned on.

• Priority 1 - Employee Salary or Standard Costs (Use Employee Labor Cost should be true in Company Details)
  • Priority 2 - Price will be fetched from Internal Price/Specific Price.
  • Priority 3 - Price will be fetched from Internal Price/Employee Price.
  • Priority 4 - If the Resource ID and Report Code have specified, that price will be fetched in Internal Price/Standard Price.
  • Priority 5 - If the Resource ID is specified and Report Code is not specified and can be any value, (%), that price will be fetched in Internal Price/Standard Price.
  • Priority 6 - Price will be fetched from General Cost on the Resource Details.
  • Priority 7 - If the Resource ID and Report Code is not specified and can be any value, (%), that price will be fetched in Internal Price/Standard Price.

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/ProjectReporting/AboutInternalPrice.htm?StandAlone=true