Solved

Attaching Purchase Order to a Project activity

• 27 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Looking to attach lines in a Purchase order in released status to a Project Activity.  Is there any way to do this without re entering the purchase order?

icon

Best answer by Vibhusitha Jananjaya 29 April 2022, 03:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @kh3121,

When manually connecting, system validates Activity Status and connected object​

As long as the activity is Planned or Released and the PO line is Planned or Released, you should be able to connect/disconnect without any issue. The normal steps would be to;

Right click on the PO line > Project Connection > Connect to Activity > Add activity data accordingly. 

Do you face any errors is doing so? If so please provide more info so that we could help. (Few screen pictures)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kh3121 

As I have shown below you can simply RMB on the PO line and connect the particular line to a project. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka,

Badge +2

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, I was utilizing the RMB on the line but continued to get an error stating “Connecting a Purchase Order to a project is only allowed when the purchase order is in planned status”. 

I must not be able to attach the lines to the activities as the lines are in confirmed status.

Is there anyway around this?

(Purchase Order is released and the Purchase Order lines are confirmed.  Project activity is released.)

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @kh3121,

As per intended behavior you should be able to connect a PO line to an activity, though the  PO line state is Confirmed. As per your error, you can connect only when PO is in Planned, which I think is an issue that needs to be investigated thoroughly. 
Best option would be to contact IFS Support by creating a support case so that our consultants can have a further look and provide a solution. 

Hope my answer helped you to clear doubts. If so be kind enough to mark it as the best answer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kh3121 

Navigate to the Project you want to connect and see if the “project unique Procurement” check box is ticked.
If  this check box is selected, purchase orders and purchase invoices will be specifically created for the related project, instead of being combined with purchase transactions from other projects.

If it is not checked. as @Vibhusitha Jananjaya  mentioned this needs to be investigated further. Hence raise a ticket to IFS Support.

Best Regards,
Tharaka,
IFS Support.