Solved

What is result key in order report?

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello Guys,

Please let know about Result Key use in order report (IFS 9.0 v).

What is use Result key and why use.

icon

Best answer by CallumW 19 October 2020, 17:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The result key is a unique identification number for the report.

When a report is created it is automatically assigned a number from the system. (Result Key)

Via Report Archive you can track all the reports you have ordered and reports that are distributed to you from other users. From this page you can reprint reports, forward reports to other users etc. Reports will remain in the archive until they expire, they are automatically removed once expiration data is reached.

When creating crystal reports to replace operational reports, all reports (including sub reports) should include a record selection formula that looks like {XXXX_REP.RESULT_KEY} = {?IFS_RESULT_KEY}.

In terms of practical uses for the RESULT_KEY, I personally only use it for developing crystal reports to test layouts - I always include the RESULT KEY in small text on the printout itself so the printout can be traced back through IFS.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Please give us some examples or demo?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I’m sorry I don’t really know what you expect by the way of examples or demo.

The basics are that it is a unique number which is generated when a report is created. It can be used to uniquely identify a created report - You do not need to do anything with it as such in the system.

What was it you are trying to achieve? Or what were your expectations about what the result key does/is?