Question

User connect to Employee

• 29 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

How’s user (IFS ID) connected to Employee easilly?

I would like to make sence userid, person and employee.

Regards;
Yasuda

6 replies

Userlevel 7

User = someone with access to the system

Person = any person basically e.g. a customer contact but can (will) also be linked to a user

Employee = an employee working for the company, not necessarily a user, but a person.

User links to Person. Person links to Employee. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

how can create an employee for a user? İ want to link a person to a new employee

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Human Resources > Employee Administration > New Employee

There are also templates you can set up for set up to assist with simplifying the process. It enables you to disable tabs in the wizard and/or fields. Also make fields mandatory that apply to you.

Employee needs to be created in order to create “maintenance employee” in organization basic data form should they need to add work order time allocation

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

How’s user (IFS ID) connected to Employee easilly?

I would like to make sence userid, person and employee.

Regards;
Yasuda

When you create employee record, It could be connected to a person record. Person record could be connected to user.

User is authentication ID used to log into the system. Then the user will be connected to a person record. then person record ( Person is act a profile in system ) could be connected to Employee record ( Employee is the person who works in company ).

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Depending on your set up when creating a new IFS User ID the “person” will automatically be created at time of IFS User Id creation

But you can not automatically create an Employee id that I’m aware of (version 9 anyhow).  You have to go to the Human Resources module to create.    Note: In my experience, not all IFS forms requires the user to also be set up as an employee so I’m guessing that is why it’s not automatically done.

However to use Maintenance module for example, you would be required to be set up as an Employee as well.    Therefore the Wizard is the best bet in the HR module I mention above.   We do not user the IFS HR module for any other purpose so our requirements may be different than yours.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

USER Form in Solution Manager for IFS ID 

PERSONS form to see if Person and if connected to a USER ID  (few navigation areas with this info)

EMPLOYEES form to see employees if connected to a Person ID  (has RMB to view multi company)

COMPANY > EMPLOYEES tab to see which employees belong to which company

ORGANIZATION BASIC DATA  form> EMPLOYEES (to assign employee to Maintenance )