Question

Update Product Status column on Inventory part revision

• 21 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

On an inventory part, under the Revisions tab, we have old revisions that are still showing with a Product Status of “In Effect” when they should be “Not In Effect”.  I’ve double checked the following:

• The Phase Out date is passed
  • Product structures tied to that revision are retired - obsolete
  • There are no alternates on these product structure revisions

What else might be causing the Product Status field to be “In Effect”?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Is the item configured by chance?

The only items I see in any of our sites where the Phase Out date is not null and the Product Status is In Effect is when the item is also configured AND the revision shown still has a Buildable Structure.

Just a thought as that is the only pattern I can relate to from our setup.

Badge +2

Thank you for your feedback.  The part is not Configurable (based on the Misc Part Settings on the Part/General tab and as you would expect the Inventory part does not have a Configuration tab).  The revision shown is Obsolete with no other alternates on that revision.  Let me know if there is another place to confirm it’s not Configured that I’m not aware of.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is there a final answer on this by any chance? IFS Cloud Field Description says “This shows the status of the product, either In Effect or Not in Effect.” which basicly doesn't tell me anything. How does system decides on the status?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

We have addressed the same issue to IFS, it was found during upgrade project to IFS 10 upd14. We have this issue when structure revision is put to obsolete from the overview Structure alternates

Reply from IFS  

This is standard behavior of the IFS application. The product status column only shows the status of the product, either In Effect or Not in Effect. It does not reflect that the revision is obsolete. This seems to be a limitation of the current IFS application version.

There is idea for this on community that is considered for future development

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I recently was told that the Product Status (In effect or Not in effect) is only determined by the Inventory Part Revision Product Structure. If there is a buildable structure, status is In effect. Otherwise it is Not in effect. Part or Revision status or other settings have nothing to do with it. @IFS: would be good to include this information in the field help.