Question

Shop Order Scrap of Serial Part and As-Built Structures

• 19 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Looking for methods anyone has used to handle the following:

Apps10 update10

Manufacturing a serial-tracked, lot-tracked, multi-level tracked part through (4) operations. Lot size = 5, manufacturing serials 1-5.

Site is set to auto-build the tracked structures.

All component material is issued, all of which is serial and lot-tracked also.

At op #2, I want to scrap serial #1.

After performing a scrap for a quantity of (1) (cannot designate the serial I am scrapping, i.e., not going to receive), I delete serial #1 from the list of reserved serials, which alters the relations in the as-built structures.

What has been your experience in best practice for getting the as-builts correct after scrapping a serial part? Do not auto-build ahead of time? Wait until receipt to build them and alter them?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @matt.watters,

Scrapping of a serial is an extensive function that has consequences for the detailed information about the serial. All underlying serials in the structure of the current serial are also scrapped. If the underlying serials should be used later, e.g., as exchange parts, they must be disconnected in advance. Note that a warning is given before the scrapping is executed. Before a serial (including underlying serials) can be scrapped, the following conditions must be met:

• The serial cannot be a part of a structure. This condition does not apply to underlying serials of the actual serial.
  • The serial cannot have active transportation routes, meaning routes that are started but not finished.
  • The serial cannot be registered to modifications.
  • The serial cannot have running operations.
  • The top serial may not have any maintenance orders.
  • If the serial is a vehicle, it cannot be connected to operational budgets per month in the future (the same as when changing owner).

If these conditions are fulfilled, the following information about the serial (and underlying serials) is deleted from the application:

• All outstanding operations (interval maintenance, vehicle faults, serial faults, condition measures).

When the serial is scrapped, it is longer be possible to register faults, modifications, or transportation routes for the serial. There is no due date calculation for interval maintenance, and monthly budgets cannot be confirmed if they are registered to one or more scrapped serials.

Hope this clarifies the issue at hand.

Regards,

Dasuni