Solved

Shop Floor Workbench Close Operation

• 8 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am curious as to whether or not it is possible to disable the Close Operation flag on the Approve Operation dialogue box on Shop Floor Workbench? Often times we have Shop Orders where we produce more than the remaining qty. The issue this presents is that if an operator forgets to uncheck the flag, the Operation line will close and no longer be visible on their Workbench. At this point, someone in our scheduling department has to reopen the operation so they can continue reporting pieces. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 11 January 2021, 12:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unfortunately there’s no parameter to control whether the Close Operation checkbox should be default selected or not. The system automatically defaults it to selected when the full, or higher quantity is reported. I’m afraid it would require a a small client modification/customization to achieve the requested logic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thank you, @Björn Hultgren for confirming. I was hoping that was not the case, and I was perhaps missing a setting somewhere. Thank you for clarifying! 

Badge +2

This may or may not work for you, but under the site page there’s a checkbox item title “Default time an quantities on report”

With the checkbox unchecked it will set the default approve op screen like below, but this also removes the default time associated with the operation as well, so keep that in mind.