Sending documents at certain times

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick
  • 10 replies

Hi everybody!

I have some documents to send to users and  want to send them from IFS(via email). The problem is   I want to schedule when I can send. For example: every month,every hour exc.. I looked over Document Distirubtion but the trigger is only when document release.

I dont want to use backround jobs or event action because these are not depent on an event. I want to use as a reminder.

Is there another way? I use IFS 9

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Amy 

If the selection criteria is straightforward, you can do this with a pretty simple migration job based on the command_sys.mail method.

If it is more complicated e.g. a group of attached documents, then you may need a script (deployed within a custom API) and then a Task Schedule based on a database task. The database task is a reference to the script.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

But I want to send a document from Document Revision. My documents are in the document revision. Can I still use migration job? If so, how?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Amy 

If the selection criteria is straightforward, you can do this with a pretty simple migration job based on the command_sys.mail method.

If it is more complicated e.g. a group of attached documents, then you may need a script (deployed within a custom API) and then a Task Schedule based on a database task. The database task is a reference to the script.

But I want to send a document from Document Revision. My documents are in the document revision. Can I still use migration job? If so, how?