Question

Reopen a Closed Business Opportunity

• 28 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Does anyone know if there is an ability somehow to reopen a closed Business Opportunity

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sandra,

Can't think of a solution. I've tried an Excel Migration job, but no not possible.

Then I thought about the copy of the business opportunity (BO). This looks like:

One can see the Revision No. This field is not available on the BO. I would expect, when I look at this, that there would be a New revision no. However that is not available.

From a technical perspective, the Revision No is also not available in the view and table.

I think that you should get in contact with IFS what the functionality is of the Revision No in this screen (or is there someone else that knows this?).

Steve

This is in IFS10 upd 6

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Open Business Opportunity

Explanation

This activity is used to re-open a closed business opportunity. This could be, for instance, when an opportunity was closed by mistake or when a closed sales case reopens and you want to proceed with the opportunity.

Prerequisites

The business opportunity must be in Closed status.

System Effects

As a result of this activity, the status of the business opportunity changes to the previous state, i.e. to the state the opportunity was in before it was closed.

Window

Business Opportunity

Related Window Descriptions

Business Opportunity
Business Opportunities
Open Business Opportunity

Procedure

1. Open the Business Opportunity window and search for the record.
  2. Right-click on the header and then click Open Opportunity.
  3. The Open Business Opportunity dialog box appears.
  4. Optionally, you can add an internal note.
  5. Click OK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

jabous,

Which version (and update) are you using? I couldn’t find the RMB Open Opportunity.

Yes, I have full access to the application. Via the Properties, all items are turned on.

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

APP10 with the newest update.  What IFS version are you on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

jabous,

That is not helpful. Newest update is not available perhaps (nor does the reader understand which update that is). Do you mean update 7 or update 8 or maybe even higher?

I quote from my own post which version I use: ‘This is in IFS10 upd 6’

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

APP10 UPD8  What version are you on?  If you let me know, I will look to see if I can find out what update this is fixed in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I quote again from my own previous post which version I use: ‘This is in IFS10 upd 6’.

So I use APP10 UPD6.

I have learned already that it is in 7 or 8, so that is ok. I hope this helps the original poster sandra.waud

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The RMB option ‘Open Opportunity’ is available in APP10 UPD7