Question

Project activity demand planned cost

• 15 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

In APPS10 When you have set misc demand on project activity, the planned cost (Total cost) is retrieved based on supply option. Seems like, when you have ‘Manufactured’ part,  the cost is derived from cost set 1, but when you have ‘Purchased’ part, is the cost always taken from either Inventory Part cost or if not defined, from estimated cost. Or for purchased also from cost set 1?    

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@janufi I am also looking for an answer to this. Have you had the opportunity to internally find an answer to this? Thank You very much! 

Badge +2

Sorry, no I haven’t

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@janufi  and @Asela Munasinghe  there is a particular hierarchy that it follows when fetching the costs to the Misc. demand line.

Please check the below screenshot from the Help text.

I actually did not test this recently. Let me know if this answers your question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Tharindu Illangasinghe when we have a Price on the active Price List of the SfPP of the Purchase Part, shouldn’t it fetch the planned cost as per the below table?

Inventory Part available

Supplier for Purchase Part available

Price List on Supplier for Purchase Part available

Total Planned Cost fetched from

yes

No

No

Estimated Material Cost on the Inventory Part

No

Yes

No

Price on the Supplier for Purchase Part

Yes

Yes

Yes

Price on the Price List

After the Inventory Revaluation Process that we do I expect for the above result without success. But instead, IFS fetches the Estimated Material Cost on the Inventory Part. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Asela Munasinghe ,

I had a look on this in IFS Cloud 23R1. It actually worked as you expected. The cost to the demand line was fetched from the Price List in SfPP. 

One thing I’m suspicious is the dates. Check whether the “Required Date” in your demand line falls between the “Valid From” and “Valid Too” dates of your Price List line. (Otherwise, demand line will not pick that as a valid cost which is the correct functionality.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Tharindu Illangasinghe , sure. That;s one of the first things I checked. 

Usually in our active proce lists, there’s no valid to date until we create a new active price list. And yes, the required date on the demand line comes after the price list ‘valid from’ date. 

Do you think this might be a bug? 

​​​​​​​