Solved

Production Schedule error - "Schedule Firm" has a value that is not in list of allowed values

• 12 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

We have multiple sites reporting this issue today after 12am - has anyone else seen this and know what might be causing it/how to fix it? (see attached)

Error message will now allow user to save in Production Schedule by Line with information message pop-up: “The field [Schedule Firm?] has a value that is not in the list of approved values”

We have not had any system changes in the last 12 hours that would cause this, that we are aware of.

icon

Best answer by Joy 13 November 2019, 19:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

IFS support looked into this today for us - and I thought I would share the result, because we were not expecting this area to behave this way. 

We are using IFS v9

The problem was that a user, while in the “Production Schedule by Line” screen:

In the body of the window: RMB > Conditional Fields...

Then in the Conditional Field Actions window navigator, found and expanded: “Schedule Firm? (Line Sched Status).

Then, selected “Value Set” and they “Enabled Action” (see images below).

Although there are no additional values in the “selected values” other than what we use - and interesting that this “conditional formatting” affected ALL USERS - not just the one who set this action… this is what was causing the error. 

Upon “disabling” this Value Set Conditional Field - it changed the conditional formatting for ALL users (we verified) and the error ceased. 

All users have varying base profiles… 

IFS is researching whether this is a bug, as conditional formatting should be user specific, and also how to find who/when the action was enabled for future troubleshooting. We are waiting for their response.

When action is ENABLED, and you have the option to disable
When action is DISABLED, and you have the option to enable

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey Joy - Thanks for coming back and sharing with the larger community. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We received a response from IFS R&D regarding this issue - I thought I would share. Q&A  below:

1. Why when a user add a conditional field it affects to all users?

Since this is a data validation it has to be happened for all the users.          We would like to hear a business case from the customer if they think         the data validation should be user specific.

2. Why was that information message displayed when that conditional field         was applied and how can this be avoided without removing the         conditional field?

Values that can be entered in the field depends on the check boxes you         selected in the <Selected values> group. Since you have not entered         any condition in the table, you can enter all values selected (Firm) in all          cases. But if you need to create new records with <Schedule Firm>         unselected, then you need to select <Not Firm> too in the Add Value         Set action.  Again there is no need to add a Value set if you do not use         Conditions.

3. Is there a way to restrict permission for users to add conditional fields in         IFSAPP?

This should be done only by admins and the functionality can restricted         with Press Object grants as any other IFS business flow/object.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have asked that IFS provide written instruction on how to restrict access to this conditional formatting area - as it obviously is not user specific, and can have crippling effects on other users and the entire system.