Question

Linking Projects

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Within Apps 10 I’m able to connect activities between different projects, using the Planning function but what would be really useful is if you could see that connection on the Gantt view.

Is there anyway of seeing connected projects with IFS Apps 10 ?

We have large projects which have dependencies from smaller projects, they need to be kept separate for accounting purposes but it does make it hard to see, at a scheduling level, the inter project dependencies.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Within Apps 10 I’m able to connect activities between different projects, using the Planning function but what would be really useful is if you could see that connection on the Gantt view.

We have large projects which have dependencies from smaller projects, they need to be kept separate for accounting purposes but it does make it hard to see, at a scheduling level, the inter project dependencies.

You can see it in the Gantt view, or maybe I’m misunderstanding? Just search for the projects you have links between. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

You can see it in the Gantt view, or maybe I’m misunderstanding? Just search for the projects you have links between. 

Thanks Anmise,

I must be doing something wrong as I don’t see the connection in the Gantt view. I only see one Project, not the one it’s connected to. Is there a setting or something I’m missing to enable this ?

Regards

Lee

Userlevel 7

Thanks Anmise,

I must be doing something wrong as I don’t see the connection in the Gantt view. I only see one Project, not the one it’s connected to. Is there a setting or something I’m missing to enable this ?

Regards

Lee

Which client are you working in?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Anmise,

Regards

Lee

Working in EE at the moment 

I see the dependencies within one project but not the linkage to the other project

and the activity is linked to a separate project, as shown in the Planning Predecessors tab

what you’ve shown me is exactly what I’m after….. it feels like there’s a setting somewhere that I’m missing 

Userlevel 7

Thanks Anmise,

Regards

Lee

Working in EE at the moment 

I see the dependencies within one project but not the linkage to the other project

and the activity is linked to a separate project, as shown in the Planning Predecessors tab

what you’ve shown me is exactly what I’m after….. it feels like there’s a setting somewhere that I’m missing 

You need to query for both projects in the Gantt. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you Anmise, 

It’s so simple when you know how

All working correctly now

Really appreciate your responses