Solved

Is there a way to make the sourcing for a configured part to be "Invent Order"?

• 18 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We want to be able to default the supply code for a configurable part to “Invent Order”. The system won’t allow it. Does anyone have a work around or suggestions for how to accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 7 July 2021, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

IFS does not support Configure to Stock why this is not allowed. MRP cannot handle configurable product demands

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello,

As Bjorn clearly described MRP will not handle configurable product demands. Also why is the part defined as configurable if you would like it to be reflecting from inventory ? Could I know more input on the business requirement ?

Best Regards,

Praveen Wijetunge

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The business requirement is to prevent a shop order from being automatically generated when any configured part is added as a customer order line. As a solution, we were hoping to have the Supply Code default to Invent Order instead of Shop Order. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can DOP be an option? I.e. Tha releasing of a customer order creates a pegged DOP header. Then you can control when the DOP structure should be released and creating the shop order

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@hmccabe 

The best you can do I think is to set the Sales Part for all Configurable Parts to Not Decided, this will allow adding them to the order and releasing the order with no automatic Shop Order.  This is a bit dangerous however, as you will get no drive for any of the items on the order through MRP.  You would need to then come along on the Customer Order Lines overview and flip the items from Not Decided to Invent Order on a regular basis.  You could do this before or after order release depending on the way you want to control the process.

You will get this error at Release:

Not Decided Lines but Released
Invent Order Lines - Released

You would then need to manually raise configured shop orders by configuration ID to provide the matching supply for these items.  If your intention is to create certain configuration IDs to stock from a manually raised shop order for a Lot Size more than 1, this could be done.

The downside to this is you remove all point of automation, MRP planning, and pegging.  Everything must be managed manually.  It wouldn’t be my recommendation, but it is possible.