Invisible Column

• 15 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick
  • 10 replies

Hi everyone ,

One of my user can not see Action List’s columns . He has a same permission sets with everyone else. The others can see the columns but he cant. Is there any idea why he cant see?

icon

Best answer by RobinHunter 15 September 2020, 17:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Amy,

This can happen occasionally - the user has inadvertently hidden all columns using column chooser or hide. The change is stored in the user profile.

The only way to resolve it is to identify the screen and go into the user profile, clearing the section that controls this screen.  Or, nuclear option: clear the user’s profile.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

hi Amy,

This can happen occasionally - the user has inadvertently hidden all columns using column chooser or hide. The change is stored in the user profile.

The only way to resolve it is to identify the screen and go into the user profile, clearing the section that controls this screen.  Or, nuclear option: clear the user’s profile.

Thank you Paul! But I dont get it . How can I clear the section? Sorry,  I am new on IFS

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It might be possible to resolve this with some very careful mouse positioning. If you Right click immediacy to the right hand side of the + icon, you can open the column heading context menu and therefore gain access to Column chooser to re-enable one or more columns (or alternatively you can select reset current view). You have to be pixel perfect with the right click to open the required menu (it will likely take several attempts).

Note to IFS: It would be a good idea to build a check into the Column Chooser dialogue box, so if a user tries to turn off every column, an error message is displayed preventing the user from getting themselves into this situation.

Badge +1

The very careful mouse positioning didn’t work for me. :)

I fixed this by editing the the user’s personal profile.

Went to the personal profile of user who has the correct settings for that table window.

Copied the value of Entry ColWidths to the user with the issue.