Question

How rework product and retain original mfg date and expire date?

• 21 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

On occasion we need to cut a “large” bag and fill “small” bags with the product that was in the “large” bags.  It is the same product, just different sku sizes, with different IFS Part numbers.

We need to retain the original (large) mfg date and expire date of the product to the new (small) product.  

We are on IFS version 9 update 17 using Production Schedule to manufacture our product.  Production Schedule eceipt uses “current date” as the mfg date & expire date is shelf life added to the receipt date. 

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this in IFS?  Either within our current process or utilizing a different process?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dioluke ,

I think you need to go for a custom event for this requirement. You can create the custom event such that the event will trigger when the inventory transaction with transaction code PSRECEIVE (Receipt of Production Schedule) with an event action with action type “Execute Online SQL” which will change the Mfg Date and the Expiry Date as required in required fields.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @dioluke ,

I think you need to go for a custom event for this requirement. You can create the custom event such that the event will trigger when the inventory transaction with transaction code PSRECEIVE (Receipt of Production Schedule) with an event action with action type “Execute Online SQL” which will change the Mfg Date and the Expiry Date as required in required fields.

Thanks,

Sounds like a possibility. I’ll look in that direction.  Thank you.

Ours is a bit more complicated, as we do a Receipt a pallet quantity of product at a time, so there may be 1 receipt, or 100 receipts.   I’ll probably have to utilize a move location at the same time so that the software does not error with “different expire date already exist” type message.