Solved

Fields not compared in ‘Compare Shop Order with Structure and Routing’

• 13 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
When comparing shop_order_operation with routing_operation not all fields are considered/updated. E.g note_text. You have to delete the shop order operations first.

Is there a way to compare all fields?
icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 18 October 2019, 16:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The comparison for operations is made concerning the operation no, work center no, setup labor class, labor class, machine setup time, machine run factor, labor setup time, setup crew size, labor factor and crew size values.

So you’re right. Not all fields for the operation are compared, note field being one of the excluded. The rationale would be that the work being performed on the operations are not different just because they have different notes. 

There’s no way to configure this I’m afraid, but that could of course be an idea for future development!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ok, this is by design. At least we known it, but I think there is bug in there.

When updating the operations from routings with a different work center, then ‘scheduled resource’ is not updated (38 → 75)

and Machine load goes to 0:

I might be mistaken, but I do not think it is suppose do do that.

Anyway, is there another way to make sure that routings and operations are in sync?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes @Hans Andersen  that looks strange. When you change work center on an operation it should be assigned a resource from the new work center. 

I ran a quick test myself, but then a new resource was assigned and the expected machine load booked. 

Anyway you may consider logging a support case for this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Björn Hultgren 

It only happens when you change work center using “Update Shop Order Operation”.

I am thinking about issuing this to the company (I just do not have an replacement):

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes @Hans Andersen I tested the same window using the Update Shop Order Operation button in Apps 10, and for me it will assign the operation a resource from the new work center and set correct machine load. What version are you on? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Björn Hultgren 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Hans Andersen  I verified in Apps 9 and could re-create the problem there. But in Apps 10 the problem has been fixed. So if you want to have it corrected in Apps 9, please log a case.