Solved

Excluding zero quantity lines from count reports

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

I am attempting to create scheduled count reports that display 10 records per report. The issue with this is that most of the rows in every count report are for zero quantity part numbers / locations. Is there a way to exclude the zero quantity records?

Thank you,

Matt

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 11 January 2021, 20:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can’t exclude the zero count records.  If you are doing a blind count, then the items at zero would also need to be counted ‘at zero’.  If for some reason you need to purge or clear old inventory records (which appear as part of Inventory Part in Stock), there is a scheduled database task that can be setup by site that will clear old records.

Depends on your cycle count requirements how far you want to take this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Great, thank you. I have found the “Cleanup of Inventory” task that I believe you were referencing and it worked great. 

In a related question, I am trying to create a count report for 4 part numbers at a time and have the scheduled count report choose 4 new part numbers every week. I am currently creating the count reports based upon the four highlighted sections below. My only issue with doing it this way is that it is not capturing all inventory locations for each part number that it pulls. I realize this is because a “record” consists of a part and location combination. 

Is there a way to set up the count report schedule so it pulls all records associated with 4 differing part numbers each time it is scheduled to run?

Thanks,
Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@mksouthwick 

Well, all I can say is not that I know of….when you store a part in multiple locations, there isn’t a way that I’m aware to make the part with all of its different locations appear on the same report.  You are generally only going to get one location per part when you run it - if someone else chimes in that isn’t right, it would be useful for me also.