Question

Easy to setup standard browse to export to csv (schedule)

• 28 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  1. How to setup a regular export from one of my favorites? (Scheduled Tasks?) Take existing browse (customers’ orders, inventory parts in stock, shop orders, shop floor reporting, etc.)

E.g. Inventory parts in stock export to csv excel file with certain file name onto the network storage drive (T) x 3 per day at 8am, 12noon and 5pm. (overwrite the same file name)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @TTCRAJP ,

In IFS Application 10 you could create a quick reports to extract the data you desire then using Application Server Task you can schedule it to run in the background as a scheduled task on an Interval or custom schedule.  You can specify a filename such as filename.xlsx and email the file to a someone or a group of people.  We send the email to Microsoft Team which then stores the file within that team but you’d need to be using Microsoft Teams for that to work.  

I’m not sure if there is a way to have IFS save the filename to a shared directory instead of emailing it.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @TTCRAJP ,

You can do that using Migration Jobs of “CREATE_OUTPUT_FILE” Procedure Name.

In this example I have written this job to create a csv file in the network location. This file will contain the data from CUSTOMER_ORDER view and records belong to Site “TI1”

Also, you can schedule this. When you right click on the header you have “Schedule Job” option.

So, everyday at the above time the csv file will get created in the network location

Badge +2

Good Morning, 

Finally got time with our IT department to try this out. Getting the following error: 

We finally attempted but are struggling the execute and run the command to export the file to location. We believe the file path is issue. We tried putting our location such as \\fileserver….
This is probably restricted due to folder permissions by windows.

How do we set new variables for file path names in IFS. In your example, IFS_EMPPAY_DIR_10_BANK2?

Are there any other setting thing that need to be setup prior for us using this feature in IFS?

@Tharindu Illangasinghe 

Look forward to hearing from your soon. 
Raj 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @TTCRAJP ,

I suggest you check couple of things here.

Help says, “Full path to the directory where the file will be read or written. If File Location on the Formatting tab is set to On Server, the path must be valid from the (Oracle-) server side and not a mapped drive for the client. If File Location is set to OnServer File Path can also be the name of a DIRECTORY object.” So check whether this location is accessible as per this

Just to verify whether the export works correctly could you try with File Location = OnClient setup as well ?