Question

Customer Owned Material

• 16 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Has anyone been able to come up with a solution in the core system to switch ownership of material from Company Owned to Customer Owned and back again? At the moment we’re looking at a potential modification or perhaps a complex custom event that will generate and receipt the PO for us, just reaching out in case there’s something we’re missing here as an option. This is for lot batch tracked materials in inventory to be used in shop orders.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Shouldn’t a counting out of the existing lot-tracked parts be done before the receipt of the PO with the ownership changed ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Thushitha, exactly that. It’s just a time consuming excercise and might be prone to error as well.

I’m just reaching out to see if there’s an efficient way of doing it in the system. To be honest my intention is to use the “Change Ownership to Company...” RMB to bring stock back and then make another RMB that does the same transactions in the opposite direction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Thushitha, exactly that. It’s just a time consuming excercise and might be prone to error as well.

I’m just reaching out to see if there’s an efficient way of doing it in the system. To be honest my intention is to use the “Change Ownership to Company...” RMB to bring stock back and then make another RMB that does the same transactions in the opposite direction.

That would be really great !! Would like to see the development 😊

Badge +1

Hi Andy,

I guess the obvious question is why do you want to do this?

Wouldn’t it be easier to change the ownership of the material line of the shop order?

Dan

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi, reaching out on this subject: how can you easily convert the stock from company owned to costumer owned?