Question

Custom Menu 'Create Window with Transfer' Source Key Name as query

• 21 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

IFS 9 Update 14

I have been trying to use a SQL query to return a part_no value for the Source Key Name in a custom menu, without success.  

Is this possible and does anyone have an example?

My specific case is to open Inventory Part with part_no retrieved from tbwShipmentLines_Cust, which does not have part_no immediately available.  Trying to use this qry:

SELECT PART_NO FROM CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE WHERE CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE.ORDER_NO = SHIPMENT_ORDER_LINE.ORDER_NO AND CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE.LINE_NO = SHIPMENT_ORDER_LINE.LINE_NO AND CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE.REL_NO = SHIPMENT_ORDER_LINE.REL_NO

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

You can create a new read only custom field from the same query and use the custom field as the source key name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@CC_TLOG ,

You cannot use normal SQL in the RMB Keys.

Answer suggested by @djay  is correct.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

You can create a new read only custom field from the same query and use the custom field as the source key name.

What if you are trying to achieve this from a window that not allow custom fields? I have a similar task with the IPAP window as the view I am trying to map key from.

Any ideas?

/Stig

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I tried the custom field and it worked.