Question

Counted Qty must be greater than 0 Error on Approving a Cycle Count

• 21 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 19 replies

We are trying to count down an inventory part to 0 using the count by inventory part and now receive an error Counted Qty must be greater than 0 Error  when approving the count, not sure what would drive this.  

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Tried the debugger, server trace to see where/why it throws the error? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

ok...I tried that and you get a lot of information, that I’m not sure I know how to read it.  Can I dump it all into a Word or text document and put it up here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Sure. 
Then i can point you in a direction, but in order for me to check the package in our system  which causes the error we kinda need to be on the same version and update. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Here is the trace document from where I’m getting this error.  We have some parts that work fine and others that do not and this just recently happened.  There have been no changes in our environment.  We keep getting inventory with WDR codes, which we do not want.  This is generally caused by Expiration date differences on the same lot or Availability Control differences being moved into the same location with the same lot #.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

had a Quick look but your are definitely running a different version than us because the error lines makes little sense. 

I can see a few places where it runs into the requirement that qty must be greater than 0, but the version we have seems to be able to do it without error. 

I wonder if you are using serialised parts of of the part which you are trying to count out is connected to a package/handling unit. 

you mention that some parts work while others don’t. 

have you tried to compare what the parts look like settings wise in the part menu, inventory part menu and the inventory part in stock menu. 

I am confident that extracting the data from above 3 menus and comparing a part with error and one without will point you in the right direction.