Solved

Consignment Inventory

• 12 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Anytime our inventory numbers are off or sales support consumes something they shouldn’t have, we have to jump through hoops to invoice block the lines, or invoice the inventory and do a credit, then fake ship inventory to repopulate consignment stock.

Is there a way to “un-consume” consignment stock or another way to handle consignment stock/transactions?

Thank you in advance. 

icon

Best answer by jabous 20 November 2019, 21:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

There are many undo transactions available related to consignment stocks.

e.g. 

CO-INTUNIS - Undo Issue of Inventory Part on a Material Requisition - Consignment Stock
CO-RETURN - Return into Consignment Stock

Please have a look at related consignment stock undo transactions whether any of the return transactions that match your requirement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you are referring to customer order consignment stock?  In IFS APP9 and above, you can do a ‘Undo Customer Order Delivery’, for consignment stock. 

Query for your Customer Order in the ‘Undo Customer Order Delivery’ window. Highlight your co line and RMB to Undo Delivery. This creates a UNCODELVOU and UNCODELVIN transaction and the co line status is set back to Picked.

In addition you can return/scrap/count and/or move consignment parts: 

• Return or scrap parts in consignment stock

Sometimes, parts in stock are found to be faulty or damaged, and you need either to return the parts to the supplier or to scrap them. When the financial burden should be placed on the supplier, you will use the return to supplier option. If your company should take the financial burden, you will scrap the parts in the normal way. Scrapped parts are considered as consumed and will be displayed in the invoice matching.

• Count at consignment stock

When you decrease a consignment stock in connection with counting, the accounting will be the same as when consuming parts. When you increase a consignment stock in connection with counting, the accounting will be the same as when receiving parts but there will not be any new receipt entered for this. Instead the latest receipt where Consignment Qty can be increased will get updated. If no such receipt exists an increase of the consignment stock quantity will not be allowed to perform.

• Consume or do not consume when moving parts

When you move parts between inventory locations, you have a choice of whether to consume the parts. Make this choice in the dialog box that is shown when moving the parts from a consignment stock location.

Note: Moving consignment parts between locations can only be done if the locations belong to the same site.

Badge +4

Anytime our inventory numbers are off or sales support consumes something they shouldn’t have, we have to jump through hoops to invoice block the lines, or invoice the inventory and do a credit, then fake ship inventory to repopulate consignment stock.

Is there a way to “un-consume” consignment stock or another way to handle consignment stock/transactions?

Thank you in advance. 

I have the same case. To undo consignment delivery, I can find the pointed window. But I still unable to find a way to handle return of unconsumed delivery. Be it caused by damage, expiry date or the customer is no longer having consignment schema anymore. Is there a way to handle the return of unconsumed customer consignment stock?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m also in the same case, did you find a solution ? 

I would like to avoid invoice and credit invoice if the item has not been used.

Regards,

Thanks.