Solved

By-product or scrap

• 1 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

During our manufacturing process, we produce scrap. This is anticipated, as it is a result of stamping processes on our shop floor. A part will be stamped out, and the metal skeleton is collected and then sold to a metal scrapping facility. We have been setting this up as a by-product for each type of metal (stainless, copper, etc.). The issue we are running into is that our operators have to manually receive all by-product on the shop order. Is there a way to automatically receive by-product without having an operator need to report it during the Shop Order? Should by-product even be used for this scenario? I believe we needed to use by-product for the financial transaction of selling the scrap material:

PN: 123456 produced 10,000 lb of scrap as a result of the mfg process, and it was sold to company XYZ for $6,000. 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 1 July 2020, 16:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes I do believe it is correct to use by-products for this purpose.

There’s no way of getting the by-products received completely secret without any operator confirmation. However, you can configure the system to automatically trigger the by-product receipt together with the reporting of operation quantity (for operation connected by-products), or receiving the shop order using shop floor workbench. You need to select the Site flag like below.

When approving an operation the receive by-product dialog pops up automatically and normally the operator would just need to confirm the defaults with OK.

In Aurena it is even more integrated in the approve assistant

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for the clarification. Yes, I just enabled this setting at my sites. Would this behavior occur regardless of whether or not we are issuing or backflushing material? Currently we have our raw material set to issue, and not backflush. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@cjohnson Should not be affected how the raw material is issued from stock.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren Excellent. Thank you very much.