Question

B2B Non Conformance Reports (NCR)

• 4 December 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I am trying to see a Non Conformance Report attached to a customer order from the B2B portal. I see it attached to the CO in IEE or Aurena, but not in the B2B. Is there any particular classification of the NCR may I need to do?

8 replies

Badge +2

To be able to see a attached document in the B2B customer portal, the Attachment needs to be saved with Doc Class: B2B DOC. Tsis to make sure that the B2B user see only the desired documents and not the internal ones.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Daniel, thank you for the answer. I am not talking about documents, I am referring to NCRs. I see it in EE or Aurena, but not in the B2B portal. Also a server error is raised once clicked in Show More or Create NCR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

To be able to see a attached document in the B2B customer portal, the Attachment needs to be saved with Doc Class: B2B DOC. Tsis to make sure that the B2B user see only the desired documents and not the internal ones.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, there should be no checks using hardcoded document class names like the one you describe in any part of IFS. Perhaps this is a class name you are used to seeing in this scenario?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I am trying to see a Non Conformance Report attached to a customer order from the B2B portal. I see it attached to the CO in IEE or Aurena, but not in the B2B. Is there any particular classification of the NCR may I need to do?

As far as I know, there is still no generic attachment area for NCRs, that can be activated on any screen. Most probably it has been “hardcoded” into each page where IFS R&D thought it was needed. If it is missing, from your point of view, I suggest you file a support case about it, such that it can become a request for future developments.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Fabio, @fabioventuruzzo 

Have you tried establishing a service through non-conformance object connection to the required business object client?
In general, to create an NCR (Non Conformance Report) from the attachment panel from the client, the specific Logical Unit needs to be specified/subscribed in the list of services. In this scenario, you could check if you have included Customer Order Logical Unit (CustomerOrder - LU for example) in the Object Connections.

Best regards,

Damitha

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

As far as I know, there is still no generic attachment area for NCRs, that can be activated on any screen. Most probably it has been “hardcoded” into each page where IFS R&D thought it was needed. If it is missing, from your point of view, I suggest you file a support case about it, such that it can become a request for future developments.

At this moment there’s no object connection screen for B2B, I think this is a bug cause I have tested in the reference environment and it raise the same error. I have opened a case to RnD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

At this moment there’s no object connection screen for B2B, I think this is a bug cause I have tested in the reference environment and it raise the same error. I have opened a case to RnD.

When you say “I think this is a bug”, do you refer to the fact that there is no screen for configuring object connections B2B? If yes, that I don’t think you will get agreement on this. Configuration possibilities should mostly be part of B2E, as I see it. Having an attachment area for NCR is another thing though, and might be useful in a B2B context as well. But it needs to be secured properly such that you only see NCR information or objects you have access to (this is a general, and important, restriction of B2B).

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

When you say “I think this is a bug”, do you refer to the fact that there is no screen for configuring object connections B2B? If yes, that I don’t think you will get agreement on this. Configuration possibilities should mostly be part of B2E, as I see it. Having an attachment area for NCR is another thing though, and might be useful in a B2B context as well. But it needs to be secured properly such that you only see NCR information or objects you have access to (this is a general, and important, restriction of B2B).

When I say I think is a bug it is because I see from the NCR attachement panel that a (1) appears, but no NCR is displayed then. Also, a server error is raised.