Question

Auto login to IFS IEE client with Oracle accounts

• 9 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are looking to simplify the login process for our manufacturing shop floor computers.

Our plan is to have the clients launch from this link to bypass the IFS Landing page

https://ifsserver:49080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application

My question is, can you pass login credentials to the IFS IEE client so it auto logs on?  The only use for these workstations, will be Shop Floor Workbench.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you are using ADFS or Azure AD as your OpenID provider, you can configure SSO and get logged on automatically.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

we are on apps 9 today,  But we are doing just as you have asked.   We are pointing directly to the launch of the application, and we are using Windows authentication for the pc to log directly into IFS.   thus all they need to do is turn on the machine, it logs into the domain automatically and also launches IFS and logs in there also automatically via windows authentication on the login page. 

Allan

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@alackas How are you using Windows Auth to log into IFS?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@NSRJMITCHELL  in the reconfiguration screen of the IEE server (apps 9) we get the option to select LDAP authentication.   We then fill in the info that it is looking for. Then at client GUI logon we can  select options and check the Connect with your Windows Credentials

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@jchristy What version of IFS are you on?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are running IFS Apps 10 Update 8.  We have discussed someday moving to Azure AD for authentication / SSO but we didn’t want our On-Premise ERP to rely on Cloud Authentication to sign in.  Azure AD was down for 6 hours a little over a month ago!

Currently, what I’m testing is enabling the Remember Me function on the IEE Client.  I added -Difs.oidc.rememberme.cookie.enabled=true to the Application MWS Startup Parameters along with -Difs.oidc.rememberme.cookie.lifetime=7776000 which will store the password for 90 days and allow them to just click the Username on the IEE client which logs them in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@jchristy We are running with Remember Me function in our Test Environment.  Unfortunately, we haven’t worked a way round the system just logging in without the user having to ‘click’ on the username (Remember Me option).   Also, looking at Active Directory too, haven’t decided totally.

Badge +1

@jchristy  Auto login to IEE in Apps 10 using oracle user accounts. Could you able to do it?