Solved

Apps 8 Include Total Demand for a Part with MS Level 1 Forecast and Used on a Structure

• 14 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

My company has recently began to develop kits that include several items that are sold individually also. Demand for the kit is not driving down to the components.

The kit part number has MS Level 1 forecast demand and customer order demand. Set up as G/30 with SS and Min Lot Size.

The items used in the kit also have MS Level 1 forecast demand and customer order demand. Set up as G/30 with SS and Min Lot Size.

The kit supply *shop orders* shows as demand on the kit component. The kit supply *shop order requisitions* does NOT. 

How do I get combined total demand for the kit component that includes all of these:

• Component MS Level 1 Forecast
  • Component Customer Orders
  • Kit Shop Orders
  • Kit Shop Order Requisitions

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by majose 15 September 2020, 16:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Did a quick test in App10 (where I don’t expect changes for behavior in MS) and got following results

1. Kit, with 2 components (all manufactured with buildable structures)
  2. Planning method G for Kit and Kit Component 1, order cover days=30, no SS or Min LS for simplicity
  3. MS L1 part defined for Kit and Kit component 1 (DTF,PTF=5,10)
  4. Demands and forecasts
    1. KIT component forecast on Today+16 days, qty 50
    2. KIT forecast on Today +15 days, qty 40
    3. KIT component customer order on Today+14 days, qty 45
    4. KIT customer order on Today+14 days, qty 35
  5. Ran MS L1 for KIT
  6. Ran MS L2 for KIT component

Proposals created for total qty of 170 on relevant days

1. Ran MS L1 for KIT for Today+7 days to simulate the situation when proposals are within DTF and PTF
  2. Ran MS L1 for KIT component for Today+7 days to simulate the situation when proposals are within DTF and PTF

Total requirement for component (including MS forecast and demand for KIT) is catered by SORs.

However, there are many parameters which are not specified in the question which can give different answers. Few are, demand/forecasts dates,  affects of forecast consumption, min lot size/SS, selected ‘Create S/P Request’ option for MS L1 Part, DTF, PTF etc.

It is hard to give a definitive answer without above information. I would recommend having a second look at those parameters and fix any issues found.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi!

Actually, one of the big news in Master Scheduling, Apps10 is that you now can work both with kits and their components. So both the kit and its components can have their own forecast. At the component level you can have full control of the INDEPENDET DEMAND from the sales forecast AND the DEPENDENT DEMAND driven through the sales forecast for the KIT. 

At MS Level 1, Register Forecast tab we have new columns like Actual Dependent Demand and Planned Dependent Demand.

And again, you can control, per part if the Dependent Demand should be part of the forecast consumption. (in your case it shouldn’t)

To summarize; In Apps10 you can run the level 1 calculation level-by-level. In fact when you order a calculation for the entire site, it will use the Low Level code, which we are familiar from the MRP calculation. And you have full control if the planned dependent exlploded demand should be part of the forecast consumption logic. :-)

And in Apps8 we just don’t have this “mechanics” within IFS Master Scheduling. :-(

Badge +2

@ChamilaW  these are the parameters we are using.

Kit Part MS LEVEL 1:

Kit Component  MS LEVEL 1:

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ChamilaW  these are the parameters we are using.

Hi @camoncrief , Unfortunately the behavior I saw are from the added features mentioned by majose. Therefore, my assumption of similarity between App10 and 8 is faulty. As he mentioned, “in Apps8 we just don’t have this “mechanics” within IFS Master Scheduling. :-(“. I’m Sorry about the inconvenience caused :/

Kit Part MS LEVEL 1:

Kit Component  MS LEVEL 1: