Apps 10 Project History tab

• 8 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

We are using Apps 10 UPD7.  Is there documentation that anyone can recommend regarding this feature?  The F1 help information provides the steps to view it but doesn’t explain how it can be utilized.  Do you know if this chart or another chart can be used to show logged and scheduled work?

Here’s an example of what we see.  In the project, the tasks are scheduled to start in May 2020 and continue into 2022.  But after executing history logging, the only data displayed is for July 2020.  The Connections print screen shows transactions in May, June and July.

Activity

Project History

Project Transactions

Thank you,

Joann

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Joann,

You should probably post this on the board that encompasses Projects...https://community.ifs.com/products-manufacturing-products-engineering-wadaco-40 

Thanks and good luck,

Jerry

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Joann,

You should probably post this on the board that encompasses Projects...https://community.ifs.com/products-manufacturing-products-engineering-wadaco-40 

Thanks and good luck,

Jerry

I’ve moved the topic to the products category.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@JerryB  @KristenGastaldo   Thank you, both!  I wasn’t sure exactly which subtopic to pick for Projects.  I’ll add that to my notes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@JerryB  @KristenGastaldo   Thank you, both!  I wasn’t sure exactly which subtopic to pick for Projects.  I’ll add that to my notes.

Don’t worry about it! Lots of topics make sense for several areas. Now let’s see what we can do about finding an answer for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

What date did you execute history logging?

I would expect based on the description of the function it is only going to show from the date activated forward.  If not activated at the start of the project, some history will be missed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk 

Hi, Shawn

Based on the Project History Info, logging was started on 7/1/2020 as the first History Date (print screen below).  

• Can I get it to show a graph of schedule costs for the entire project?  
  • Can I show a full chart that shows scheduled work when no work has been logged yet?

We have been looking for additional documentation that might help answer those questions and get us in the right direction, but haven’t found it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi Joanne,

Sorry, I can’t help with the documentation, not sure where it might be.  I think you can only show scheduled work if it is in the future after the history logging was started. But I’m moving to conjecture and not experience as we aren’t on V10 yet so I have only a few minutes of poking around with this to offer a response.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk  Thank you for taking the time to look!