Solved

Access to view all in History Log

• 11 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

We’re on APPS10 UP6.   I’ve configured the IFS History Log to show changes to a specific field on the inventory Part.  The logging works and as an administrator I can see all changes,  but when a user on the Inventory Part does View - Record History  they can only see the changes they made not the field changes that another user made.  To me that defeats the purpose of the Record History - to see who changed a field and to what value.  If I set system Privilege = Administrator in their Role, then they can see changes from all users.  But we don’t want to give Administrator Access to any users.   

Is this by design or is there a setting in the Roles that allow this action without setting as Administrator?   I’ve tried to give access through the role but can’t get it to work. 

icon

Best answer by paul harland 17 December 2020, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As a technical work-around, if you grant SELECT on history_log_tab to IFSINFO, you can then create an IAL with your own row-level security.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

history_log (view) is defined as you describe @mpillunde 

So you have to be administrator or the user who made the change to see it.

I guess it is intended as an administrator function, but if you need more access then @durette ‘s suggestion is the way to go

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What is the proposed solution for the future? I heard, that IFS already announced that IAL functionality will be deprecated in the future.

I propose to have a system parameter to have “adminstrator” limitation active or not active, to allow to decide per IFS instance .