Question

Undo Obsolete of Engineering Part Revision

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Is there an option to undo the status change to Obsolete of an Engineering Part Revision.

If not, what is the actual reason this is not possible?

Steve

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I would be interested in some feedback on this question too, not having the ability to undo a mistake forces one to do all sorts of things to rectify the error, sometimes it cannot be repaired.

Cheers,

Wade

Badge +1

Is there an option to undo the status change to Obsolete of an Engineering Part Revision.

If not, what is the actual reason this is not possible?

Steve

I’m also very interested in this. I have hit Obsolete by mistake when Releasing parts - would be nice to be able to undo this!
Or at lest get a warning pop-up box to confirm or cancel your choice.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

A pop-up is displayed:

And if this is not enough and you need another "last" warning, you can implement this via an event if necessary.

Otherwise, I can only agree with the previous speakers. If something has been set to obsolete in IFS, then it is obsolete. This is not only the rule in the engineering module. And you can always create a new revision from this revision.

Badge +1

As I wrote above, in my version of IFS I don’t get any warning pop-up at all when selecting Set To Obsolete!
And as the option Set To Obsolete is right next to Set Active/Release you are bound to hit the wrong option at some point.
But if someone know how or what to do, to be prompted to Confirm the Obsolete option I would be very grateful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Virkelyst, which IFS version are you using?