Solved

Transportation time - Routing

• 13 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

Using apps 10 and trying to replicate a 7 day cure time on an manufactured inventory part routing.

I was going to try and do this by using a ‘transportation time’ between op 60 and 70 so when MRP runs it schedules op 70 7 days after op 60.

Will this approach work? and what is the unit of measure for transportation time? as the help bar suggest a 24 hour calendar.

regards

Jamie 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 13 October 2021, 10:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Routing example

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Transport time is defined in hours.

The manufacturing calendar will be used, so if you define 24h transport time, it may be scheduled to take longer than one day if the manufacturing calendar on the site is not open 24/7.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren our manufacturing calendar is set at 8 hour working days, so to replicate 7 days would i need to input 56 hours (7*8 hours)?

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@jamiewhite correct!

Another option is to create an own operation for the curing process with a curing work center that have a 24/7 calendar (since curing can be done at any time). you would then set machine run factor to 24*7 hours and factor unit = hours (fixed time regardless of lot size)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren great idea!

I take it there is no need to input a Labour Class as no labour is required (below)

regards

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Right, no labor would be needed, and the work center does not neccesarily need to have any cost.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren thanks for the help!